Job Title: Senior Director, Marketing, Communications and Membership
Department: Marketing, Communications and Membership
Reports To: Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE OF JOB:
Oversees all aspects of the Association’s membership, marketing, branding and communications efforts. Manages the membership and integrated marketing and communications team. Develops and implements systems and processes that create consistency and efficiencies for the overall brand, marketing initiatives, media relations, social media, public relations and Association membership recruitment and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties
may be assigned.
- Develops and executes the Association’s integrated marketing and communication strategies to include use of traditional, social and new media platforms.
- Oversees the management and operations of the Association’s membership services department.
- Provides creative direction and insights for marketing and communications materials used for branding, internal and external communications, and creative services.
- Oversees development and use of branding and advertising strategies that are aligned closely with the needs of the Association
- Leads internal public relations strategies using internal staff and external vendors.
- Creates, maintains and oversees digital and non-digital Association archives.
- Oversees website content, website development and social media strategy for the Association.
- Manages direct reports, to include: selection of staff, establishing goals and performance expectations, coaching and directing assignments, evaluation of performance and professional development.
- Develops and manages marketing strategies that provide clarity and consistency around the Association’s brand and image to various stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with Parade Development team to manage the Grand Marshall selection process; directs and oversees Grand Marshall’s participation in all Association activities and events including public appearances and media involvement from selection through New Year’s Day activities.
- Assists with Rose Parade broadcast communications as needed.
- Manages relationships and outreach with local and national media outlets; drives media coverage for the Association’s New Year’s activities.
- Selects, develops and maintains vendor and agency relationships in support of the needs of the Marketing and Communications department.
- Develops and manages operating budget for assigned area; full P&L responsibility; provides variance reporting to senior management.
This position supervises the Director, Membership Services; Senior Manager, Communications; Digital Marketing Coordinator; Marketing and Communications Coordinator; Graphic Designer; and Marketing and Communications Assistant.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Marketing, Communications or related field plus 10 years progressively more responsibility leading marketing, communications and/or media relations teams.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in membership driven or large non-profit organization.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (unless stated otherwise)
- Demonstrated management and leadership of professional staff
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Planning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Advanced writing skills
- Prioritization skills
- Works effectively with deadlines
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Open to feedback
- Team focus with strong collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to develop and manage a budget
- Adaptable and flexible with change
- Strategic thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good coping skills in high stress situations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- MS Office Suite
Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org