PASADENA TOURNAMENT OF ROSES ASSOCIATION
MEMBER PERFORMANCE REVIEW
(Click here for a printable document)
The performance review process is conducted in accordance with established guidelines and each member is ranked annually on a scale of “0” to “5” as follows:
1. MEMBER GAVE SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE.
One of the very top performers on the committee based on performance, attributes and skills listed in the Glossary of Attributes and Skills.
2. MEMBER EXCEEDED THE EXPECTATIONS SET FOR THE RANKING OF 3.
Above average performer on the committee based on performance, attributes and skills listed in the Glossary of Attributes and Skills.
3. MEMBER MET THE EXPECTATIONS SET FOR THE RANKING OF 3.
Member performed all tasks in an accurate, thorough and dependable manner within the time allotted. Member was present for all assigned workdays and committed the time expected by the committee. Attitude was positive and member was willing and responsive to additional requests. Member worked well with others and competently handled decisions and problems within the range of his/her responsibilities.
4. MEMBER PERFORMED BELOW THE EXPECTATIONS SET FOR THE RANKING OF 3.
Member failed to perform one or more important assigned tasks.
The following actions will be taken with those who receive a ranking of 4:
• 1st occurrence – Member is contacted by Membership Chair to discuss expectations.
• 2nd occurrence – Member is contacted by Membership Chair to discuss expectations and to inform member that another ranking of 4 will result in non-renewal of membership.
• 3rd occurrence – Member is contacted by Membership Chair to notify member that membership will not be renewed.
5. MEMBER FAILED TO PERFORM THE PRIMARY ASSIGNMENT(S) OR A BREACH OF ANY “CRITICAL ATTRIBUTES.”
Member did not perform assignments and tasks. Member failed to meet any of the Critical Attributes.
The following actions will be taken with those who receive a ranking of 5:
• 1st occurrence – Member is contacted by Membership Chair to review expectations and to inform member that another score of 5 will result in non-renewal of membership.
• 2nd occurrence – Member is contacted by Membership Chair to notify that member that membership will not be renewed.
• Members who receive a ranking of 5 will not be eligible to receive complimentary football tickets and will be billed for the cost of those tickets in addition to any other that were ordered. Payment for those tickets must be received for a member to be deemed in good standing and eligible for renewal of membership.
The rankings of 4 or 5 need not be received in consecutive years for the above actions to be taken. In all cases, the member will have an opportunity to explain the unsatisfactory ranking and/or to appeal it.
0. MEMBER DID NOT COMPLETE ASSIGNMENT DUE TO AN ILLNESS OR PERSONAL OR FAMILY EMERGENCY THAT WAS REPORTED TO THE COMMITTEE CHAIR IN A TIMELY AND RESPONSIBLE MANNER
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Below you will see a glossary of terms that are used by the Chairs in the review and ranking process. The terms are broken down into two groups. The first group, Critical Attributes, is the more important. A breach of any of these attributes will result in a score of 5. The second group, Other Items to Consider, provides the Chairs with additional, important criteria to help them evaluate member performance.
• ATTITUDE: Approaches committee assignments and related interpersonal relationships with a way of thinking, acting or feeling that demonstrates a positive, cooperative and constructive support of committee goals and the mission/image of the Tournament of Roses.
• AVAILABILITY/PARTICIPATION: Readily available and performs substantially all assigned tasks.
• HUMAN RELATIONS/PEOPLE SKILLS: Courteous, willing cooperation, resolves conflicts, develops rapport.
• HONESTY/INTEGRITY: Is truthful and trustworthy in all things. Discerns what is right and what is wrong and acts justly and honorably.
• JUDGMENT: Exhibits good, practical sense by accurately evaluating facts and circumstances and then forming reasonable opinions or reaching sound conclusions.
OTHER ITEMS TO CONSIDER
• ADAPTABILITY: Learns quickly, comfortable with constant change.
• COMMUNICATION (ORAL & WRITTEN): Listens carefully, conveys information clearly and in a timely manner, returns thorough final report, if requested.
• DELEGATION/FOLLOW-UP: Appropriately assigns responsibility, communicates tasks clearly, and monitors progress and completion from a distance. Allows members freedom to act.
• INITIATIVE: Self-starter, willing to bear more responsibility, recognizes areas that need attention. Steps forward quickly, volunteers for the tough tasks.
• PLANNING/ORGANIZATION: Recognizes priorities, establishes courses of action, and coordinates resources.
• PROBLEM SOLVING/RESOURCEFUL: Diagnoses accurately, recommends and/or implements solutions quickly.
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Takes responsibility, keeps project goals and priorities, guides all resources.
Questions about the annual review and ranking process can be directed to the Director of Membership and/or to your Committee Chair.
Adopted by the Executive Committee on: October 17th, 2016