Job Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Senior Director, Marketing, Communications and Membership
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a regular, full-time position that produces Association publications and communications materials intended for various audiences, marketing the Tournament brand including registered marks. The position is the main and secondary staff liaison to several Association committees, including the Queen & Court and Coronation committees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties
may be assigned.
- Coordinates the production of Association print publications, including the Event Guide and Rose Parade program.
- Creates content for and manages the production and distribution of various electronic publications, including monthly member and community newsletters, as well as periodic newsletters for various stakeholder groups.
- Assists the Senior Manager, Communications with media and press relations as needed, including writing press advisories and releases, tracking media coverage and coordinating media related events and activities.
- Manages the creation and collection of content for the Rose Parade Event App.
- Assists with content compilation, copy-writing and copy-editing for Association collateral materials.
- Assists with key public events to include: Royal Court Interviews, Royal Court Announcement, Coronation and the Royal Ball.Coordinates with vendors and prepares itinerary for each event.Liaises with committee(s) as appropriate.
- Assists with the planning and production of the Grand Marshal Announcement.
- Accompanies the Royal Court party to various events in the days leading up to New Year’s Day.Assists with itineraries and logistics.Manages media interviews for Royal Court.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 4 years progressively more responsible administrative office experience OR
- BS degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Business field preferred plus 1 year progressively more responsible administrative office experience.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (unless stated otherwise)
- Promotional events planning experience preferred
- Writing and copy editing skills
- Collateral development experience
- Customer service orientation
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Planning and problem solving skills
- Works effectively with deadlines
- Open to feedback
- Prioritization skills
- Good collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Adaptable and flexible with change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good coping skills in high stress situations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Advanced MS Office Suite knowledge
Send resumes and inquiries to email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.